A true educational institution shall strive towards promoting values and nurturing culture that facilitates academic atmosphere and competency development among all the participants in the learning process. These participants include faculty as well as students.
Faculty Development Program
Statistics shows that 80% MBA faculty are into teaching by default. Survey have put forth that majority colleges don’t support faculty development. Other case states that management support the development, even the awareness is there among staff but because of personal reasons the faculty does not come up. At times there is no self motivation for development. The pressure of the overall system is so much thus not making continuous development feasible for the teaching staff.
It has to be realized and brought to light the US standards of Faculty Performance Measurement which is base on continuous development by the faculty in ones field of expertise. We need to rejuvenate our education system for faculty enhancement.
Aurora’s Business School has established Advanced Faculty Development Cell (AFDC) part of its mandate to improve the quality of learning systems and models in management colleges across the country. The AFDC would be conducting frequent Faculty Development Programs (FDP)
Objectives of Faculty Development Programme initiative:
• To conduct workshops, training programmes, lectures and demonstrations to develop
o Advanced teaching and learning methods
o Competency in teaching newer subjects introduced in the curriculum of various universities and colleges
o Research skills to enhance ability to publish articles, books
o Orientation to advance research qualifications such as MPhil and PhD
o Orient faculty towards participating in conferences and seminars.
• To create awareness about various faculty development activities happening across the country
• To involve in publications and monographs facilitating knowledge in latest subjects and teaching methods
• To conduct workshops, training programmes, lectures and demonstrations
• Circulate newsletter containing information on various workshops happening across the country
• To provide research database, case bank and other teaching resources for faculty members